.

.

Buffalo Chicken Chop Salad

8/27/14

The following guest post was written by my BFF (can I still say that at 33?) Katy.
Minnesota beauty, mother of two girls I miss every day, best photographer ever... can't get through the day without texting her one billion times.  
Check out her photography and blog, you will not regret it.


Hello Siriously Delicious People!  

A friend was coming for lunch the other day and my hostess skills are so very rusty that I was a bit panicked about what I would whip up at the most loco time of day: kids at my feet, house a mess, laundry piling, to do list creeping in the creepiest way.  Basically a circus.  Welcome to the circus, guest of mine.  Thank goodness old trusty came in to save the day.  It always saves the day.

BUFFALO.

This is a recipe I've shared and over shared and I'll keep doing it because our love never falters.  It's healthy and sinfully scrumptious, too.  Ladies and Gentlemen, let me reintroduce you to:

Buffalo Chicken Chop Salad

Chicken, chopped or shredded
Buffalo sauce (I prefer Frank's Red Hot but any will do)
Cucumber 
Tomatoes
Greens
Red onion
Bleu cheese or Gorgonzola
Other toppings: beets, peppers, jalapeƱos, herbs, apple, beans, avocado, etc.
Dressing: dollop of greek yogurt, splash or two of red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
Top with crumbled chips or nuts for crunch


And how to swing a lunch date with two minis at your feet:

1. Prep chicken with dinner the night before (marinate in Buffalo sauce).
2. Day of, wait until baby is asleep.
3. Occupy three year old with sprinkles, peanut butter, graham crackers.
4. Chop veggies.
5. Arrange in a shallow (preferable for presentation) bowl.
6. Serve and enjoy!

  
*All photos taken on iPhone.  Go here for some great tips on upping your food pic game!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I made this tonight and it's amazing!!!

Linda said...

Mmmmmm...... I want !!!

Unknown said...

Ooh, this looks so good. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger