.

.

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles

12/15/14


Hello there, how were your weekends?  I was alone with my kids, so it felt approximately 17 days long.  Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to spot that big, yellow school bus this morning!  As I tend to do, I filled some of the time by making sweets.  There was a gingerbread house that turned into gingerbread wall cookies (our home could not stand the test of time).  And there were these Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles.  I found the recipe on the back of these Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips and you must, must, must try and find a bag or twelve...


They taste like creamy, white chocolate candy canes.  You could sprinkle them on top of cakes, bake them in cookies or just throw handfuls in your mouth.  OR, you could make these super easy and delicious truffles which make GREAT gifts.  Rich, minty dark chocolate inside a peppermint crunch coating is exactly what you need at the end of the day while you're wrapping presents, trust me.  
That, and a bottle of wine.  



Andes Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
(Makes 2 dozen)

1 cup whipping cream
8 oz. dark chocolate chips (at least 60% cocoa)
1 10 oz. pkg of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, reserve 1 cup for coating

Place dark chocolate chips and peppermint baking chips (reserving one cup) in a heatproof bowl.  In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil.  Turn off heat, and let sit for a minute.  Then pour half of the cream over the chocolate.  Let sit for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth.  Pour remaining cream over chocolate and whisk again until smooth.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour.  When ready to make truffles, remove bowl and let sit on counter for a few minutes.  Take a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate mixture, and roll between your palms (this will be messy), and then roll in reserved peppermint chips.  Let sit on parchment lined baking sheet in the fridge to set.  Place in airtight container to store.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ay yi yi. You're killing me over here with these amazing looking baked goods. Keep them coming, of course.

Peppermint patty said...

I just love these and so does my family. I make them every year at Christmas as gifts. But this year I can't find Andes peppermints any where!! So I ended up buying crushed peppermints in a bag. I hope they turn out this year :/

Peppermint patty said...

Can I use crushed peppermint. Can't find Andes any where

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger